Saturday, November 7, 2009

Shocked!

Today I opened my email and had an email from a friend who was in the tariqa pointing me to a blog on the internet. (This is 4 your sake: judging by the content, she is referring to the Salafi Burnout blog, where several posts detailing the problems with Kharabsheh and sh. Nuh and sh. Yaqoubi and other sufi types were written about. That blog was taken down.) Once again, it seems that ex-murids are speaking out against Keller. It is a blog about problems in Salafism and Islamic movements and now the guy actually wrote about the Ktown stuff. He says that he is getting a lot of emails from people all over about it and that's why he chose to write on it. I have to say that I am finding the discussion forum below the post quite shocking, and this is why I do not have comments on my blog. I just want to tell my story, my friends' stories. You know the Keller side of it - and he doesn't have comments on HIS website or blog either.



But this is something, I think, that is not going to be stopped. I do not think there is reform possible in Kharabsheh. Nuh Keller has said, "Nuh does not care if you all picked up and left tomorrow, he doesn't need you to be here, doing what he is doing." That is the only way this will end -- if you do as he talks about - pick up and go. If he was genuine, he wouldn't care if his meal tickets picked up and left. There is no reforming NK, UK, and US.



I am not sure yet if I want to link to this other blog. I am not sure I want people who are that toxic coming here. There is a lot of anger out there, but what bothers me, naturally, is that most of the ugliness seems to reside in the hearts of those who are saying that they are murids or defending the shaykh in some way. The people who are former murids are clearly angry, but I don't see this ugliness from them for the most part. But as a friend of mine once said, as murids we reflect the state of our shaykh. So some shaykhs have many children and their murids do as well and the tariqa is very oriented towards kids and family. Some shaykhs, like NK, don't have any, and then you find a lot of murids who don't have children or the murids as a whole aren't very family oriented.



I'm laughing because I think the comments from the murids on that blog really reflect their shaykh, and their shaykh's two henchwomen.



Anyway, I am shocked. I was not expecting to read all that stuff! I think it's a little out of control, actually. but the story is being heard!