Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Time out . Glossary

I am going to make some shortcuts here so I don't type the same things over and over.

SNK, NK, NHMK is referring to Sh. Nuh Keller.

US, BK, Besa is referring to his wife, Um Sahl.

HH, UK, Hedaya is referring to Hedaya Hartford, who they call Um Khayr. US's best friend and the "third" in command so to speak.

AM is Ashraf Muneeb, SNK's best friend and the second shaykh of Ktown. But he is very quiet and tends to stay out of the drama for the most part.

Ktown is Kharabsheh where they all live. I might have to write it K depending on how lazy I feel!

The Z is the zawiya, a large space for dikr and hadra and these things. It isn't a masjid.

The T is the tariqa.

The S are the whole Shadhili tariqa.

If there are more that come up, I will post them here.

Also this is mostly just for me and maybe a few others. Not a formal book. I know there are mistakes in the spelling and grammar, but I'm getting this out. I'm not writing a thesis!